Its official! LVL lashes are fab and we now offer this service and will be getting the webpage sorted very soon.
I am currently away at the World Skills Competition - fingers crossed and wish me luck. Have to do an aromatherapy massage and microdermabrasion in front of judges - eeek!!!
Our Skin Base microdermabration machine is on its way to us as we speak and we will be taking bookings now for 18th July onwards. For a two week period we will be doing a half price special offer so phone asap to avoid disappointment. Once again, the webpage is under construction and will be available shortly.
We have some lovely new Shellac colours arriving: Rubble, Chrome, Dark Lava and Hot Chillis. Have a look when you come to the sallon.
And finally, and by no means least, our Shrinking Violet Body Wraps by Tibby Olivier have just arrived. Guaranteed inch loss and brilliant to kick-start diets or just before holidays. Info on webpage very very soon.
This is one of the lesser known 'in an instant' beauty tips of how cold water can help to dry you nails in an instant...
Don't have time to wait, post-DIY manicure? Let nails dry for two minutes, then submerge nails into ice cold water for three minutes. The cold water will help the polish dry completely.
Give it a go next time you're running late...
A-List will be introducing the fantastic LVL lashes from Nouveau Beauty Group after Monday. LVL stands for length and volume and to cut a long story short, the treatment makes your own lashes look extra long and thick (like false lashes) and lasts up to 6 weeks. This product is super for holidays as the lashes will not be affected by swimming, sun oil, etc. All the top make-up technicians are blown away with this product - it only takes 45 minutes too! All info will be on the site soon - look under the Eyes and Brows tab - I know you will love it.
Everyone wants sexy, smoky eyes but it’s a look that can be difficult to get right. Both eyes need to be symmetrical and perfectly blended. The shadow should never compete with your eyes. Not surprising then that smoky eyes are the most requested look for at the moment!
Here is a quick and very easy guide. It requires very few products and the whole look can be done with just fingertips.
1. Apply under eye concealer so that your eyes appear fresh and bright otherwise no matter how well your shadow is applied you will just look tired.
2. Apply a little loose powder to the crease of the socket and a tiny amount to set the concealer, pay attention to the lower lash line.
3. Take a basic soft black eye pencil and apply to the roots of your upper lashes in short feathery strokes. Then with your ring finger smudge the line.
4. Now apply the pencil to the inner rim of your eyes.
5. Dip your ring finger into your chosen shadow, charcoals, greys and dark browns all work well and smudge the shadow over the eye pencil. Work it into the lash line back and forth until blended. Continue to build the colour in this way until you have achieved the desired effect. Keep the colour to the lower third of the eyelid. Don’t try to extend it out or up to the socket. Remember you don’t want to try too hard with this look.
6. Apply lots of black mascara to the upper and lower
Done! So, first tip over - would love some comments if you give it try.
I will keep you all updated on what is new at A-List regarding new treatments and products.