Everyone wants sexy, smoky eyes but it’s a look that can be difficult to get right. Both eyes need to be symmetrical and perfectly blended. The shadow should never compete with your eyes. Not surprising then that smoky eyes are the most requested look for at the moment!
Here is a quick and very easy guide. It requires very few products and the whole look can be done with just fingertips.
1. Apply under eye concealer so that your eyes appear fresh and bright otherwise no matter how well your shadow is applied you will just look tired.
2. Apply a little loose powder to the crease of the socket and a tiny amount to set the concealer, pay attention to the lower lash line.
3. Take a basic soft black eye pencil and apply to the roots of your upper lashes in short feathery strokes. Then with your ring finger smudge the line.
4. Now apply the pencil to the inner rim of your eyes.
5. Dip your ring finger into your chosen shadow, charcoals, greys and dark browns all work well and smudge the shadow over the eye pencil. Work it into the lash line back and forth until blended. Continue to build the colour in this way until you have achieved the desired effect. Keep the colour to the lower third of the eyelid. Don’t try to extend it out or up to the socket. Remember you don’t want to try too hard with this look.
6. Apply lots of black mascara to the upper and lower
Done! So, first tip over - would love some comments if you give it try.
I will keep you all updated on what is new at A-List regarding new treatments and products.